Title: Water for Elephants
Author: Sara Gruen
Format: Kindle
Genre: Contemporary fiction
Series: -
Date read: April 2011
Verdict: 10 out of 10
Comments: I loved this book. It's a totally unique and fascinating story, brilliantly told, touching, funny, engaging and marvellous. Water for Elephants follows the story of Jacob Jankowski, alternating between his life in a nursing home aged 93, and his life as a young man when, following an accident that killed both his parents, he dropped out of medical school and joined the Benzini Brothers Circus. Sometimes in books that split between two timelines, one story is more interesting than the other and you find yourself wishing it would get back to the one you prefer. Not so with Water for Elephants. I was hooked on this book all the way through and it was incredibly hard to put down! I'd recommend it to anyone and I'm looking forward to seeing the film (although I'm slightly nervous to see how they've adapted it).
Saturday, 23 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment